Praying to God is really simple.
What is certain:
Know that God loves you and adores you. He is your loving Father and cares for you irrespective of who you are (whether Saint or Sinner, for God is impartial) and that God is always attentive to your wants and He wants to bless you more than you would like him to bless you.
Rom 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Apostle Paul explains how mankind got distanced from God in Romans…
- Man didn’t find time to glorify his Maker and Creator God
- Man didn’t thank God for all his blessings and goodness
- Man began to imagine and magnify himself and his situation over God’s word
- And his foolish heart got darkened (got distanced) from God
The keys to successful prayer is to;
- Know that GOD loves you and worship God for who he is
- Thank God for what he has done and for all his promises and prophesy in your life
- Magnify God above your situation and problem either by positive confession or meditating on God’s word or decreeing God’s word over your situation
- And have a grateful and good heart
John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
When you start practising on these progressively you will draw close to God and be filled with him. Your prayer life will be so easy and natural as you will be conversing with God in spirit and truth as you see God as your companion and you will see God’s power and victory overcome all your circumstances